Super Easy Homemade Doughnuts
Try this Perfect super easy homemade doughnuts by cook up a storm.
ingredients for doughnuts:-
- 2 1/4 teaspoons one 1/4 ounce packet instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- ½ stick softened butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Frying Oil Rice Bran, Vegetable, Canola etc.
ingredients for chocolate glaze:-
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In the bowl combine the yeast and warm water, then stir to dissolve.
- Add the flour, milk, butter, egg yolks and sugar to the bowl and mix with a hand mixer on low speed until everything is combined.Turn speed to medium and mix for about 3-4 minutes until the dough is smooth and lump free.
- then dust work surface with flour and knead dough into a ball shape
- Cover with a clean towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down. Roll the dough out on the prepared work surface to about a 1/4″ thick then cut into doughnuts using a doughnut cutter. Repeat until all the pieces have been cut. Cover and allow the dough to rest for about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a large pot or dutch oven until it has reached 375 degrees (I used a candy thermometer). You can also test if it’s ready using the tip of wooden chopsticks or a wooden spoon.
- Gently place a couple of the doughnuts at a time into the hot oil. When they start to rise and turn golden,
- flip them over immediately using tongs or a wooden spoon
- tip:The second side will turn golden very quickly and faster than the first side.
- quickly transfer the fully fried doughnuts to paper towels to blot excess oil.
Continue with the remaining doughnuts until everything is fried.
- heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter, vanilla, corn syrup and milk.
- Whisk to combine and once butter is melt, reduce heat to low and add chopped chocolate.
- Whisk ask to combine, then once smooth, remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar. Stir continuously until it is all dissolve and no lumps remain.
- Dunk each doughnut into the glaze, then cover with sprinkles. Let set for about 30 minutes.
tips:Two different sizes of cookie cutter work great as a substitute for a doughnut cutter.