Rice ada -1/3 cup (I used ready made rice ada)
Milk -3 cups
Milkmaid(sweetened condensed milk)- 4-5 table spoon
Sugar -1/2 cup
Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
Cashew nuts – 4(optional)
Raisins – 5-6 (optional)
- Soak ada in boiling water for 30 minutes.Wash the soaked ada in cold water 2-3 times. This is done to prevent the ada from sticking together. Drain the water completely and keep it aside.
- Boil 3 cups of milk until it reduces to 2 1/2 cups. Then add the washed ada and cook stirring in low flame until ada becomes soft.
- Add sugar and cook for some more time. The payasam changes to pale cream color.
- add milk maid. Cook for some time.
- Mix cardamom powder and switch off the flame.
- Heat a tsp of ghee, fry cashew nuts and raisins separately. Add it to the payasam. This is optional. You can add if you prefer as it is not added traditionally.
- Delicious Palada Payasam is ready. Serve hot or chilled.
Checkout this home made vanilla ice cream –https://cookupastorm.info/vanilla-ice-cream-home-made/
Submit your review
I am about to try making this recipe. It sounds very much like my mother's rice pudding only better with what has been added.