Restaurant Style Chicken Chow Mein
Prepare restaurant style Chicken Chow Mein at home the easy way. An easy Chicken Chow Mein recipe loaded with marinated chicken and vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce, (I use low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Seasame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 gm Spaghetti noodles
- 4 cloves shredded garlic
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped white cabbage
- 1/2 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 gm chicken
- 1/2 inch shredded ginger
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 capsicum ( green pepper)
- 1 teaspoon ground red peppers
- 3 tablespoon Refined oil
- Marinate the chicken: Combine the 2 teaspoons soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil and salt in a small bowl. Add the sliced chicken, and toss to completely coat. Set aside while you cook the noodles.
- Take a large pan, add enough water and bring to a boil. Put the Spaghetti noodles and Cook on high until 90% done.
- Once cooked, drain the noodles.Rinse noodles under cold water and drain. Add 1 tablespoon of oil into the noodles and toss properly, this will avoid the noodles from sticking to each other.
- On a high flame, heat a wok/kadai and add 1 tablespoon of oil. add the marinated chicken and stir fry for 4-5 minutes or so.
- Shift the chicken onto a bowl or a plate and keep aside.
- Next put in the finely sliced vegetables, carrot, pepper, cabbage, onion and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add in the chicken, Spaghetti i noodles, soya sauce, pepper, sugar, salt and blend all the ingredients together.
- Fry this chowmein for another 2-3 minutes before switching off the heat.
- Serve piping hot with ketchup on the side.
Please follow and like us: