Homemade Veg Momos
Ingredients for dough
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- Water- for kneading the dough
Ingredients for the filling of Momos
- 1/2 cup Cabbage finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 3 -4 finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- Salt to taste
- black pepper powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil
Method for dough
- Add the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add a little water at a time and knead to make a smooth dough.
- Once the dough comes together, keep kneading for about 5 minutes to make it smooth and elastic. The dough should not be sticky.
- cover the dough and keep aside. let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
Method for momos stuffing
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic Saute for 1 min.
- add all vegetables saute for a minute.
- add salt and mix well cook everything for 5 min until it is cooked.
- then add soya sauce,black pepper powder mix well and cook for 1 min, keep aside.
- Divide the dough into small lemon size portions of an inch in diameter.
- Dust the dough portions in flour and roll out into a circle. Don’t roll too thick, as the filling will push itself out and tear when steamed.
- Place a small spoon of filling in the center of the rolled circle.
- Bring together the edges of the dough with a pinching and folding motion on one side and bring the other side to hold to the pinched side.
- By doing this, the half moon shaped momos will have a frilled look. Proceed the similar way with the remaining dough.
- As you keep shaping the momos, you need to keep them on a greased platter and cover with a damp cloth to prevent them from drying out.
- While you are shaping the momos, keep a steamer with water boiling. Grease the steamer pan with some oil to prevent the momos from sticking.
- Place the shaped momos on the greased steamer pan.
- So when you have one set of shaped momos, place them in the steamer and steam on high for 5 to 7 minutes until you see a glaze on the skin. The skin will begin to shine.
As soon as you notice this, turn off the heat.
- serve momos hot with sauce sauce of your choice.
Please follow and like us:
Submit your review
Cook up a storm
Average rating: 0 reviews