Easy Stovetop Popcorn
- 1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp popcorn kernels
- Add the oil and one kernel to a small sauce pot. Place the lid on top and turn the heat onto high. Wait for the kernel to pop.
- Once the kernel has popped, add the rest of the kernels, replace the lid, and give the pot a swirl to coat the kernels in the hot oil.
- Wait for the kernels to begin to pop. You can swirl again to redistribute the hot oil, if needed.
- Once the kernels begin to pop rapidly, crack the lid a little bit to allow excess steam to escape. Make sure it’s only open a little to keep the pot hot enough to continue popping the corn.
- When the popping slows to a few seconds between pops, turn off the heat. Wait a few extra seconds for the last few pops, then remove the lid and season the popcorn. Enjoy!
Please follow and like us:
Submit your review