Tawa Naan (Naan without Tandoor)
Tawa Naan without Tandoor.homemade recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour, Maida)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda1/4 teaspoon of salt 1/4 teaspoon sugar1/4 cup yogurt at room temperature
- 1-1/2 tablespoons oil
- About 1/4 cup look warm water
- Also need 1/4 cup all-purpose for rolling
- 1 tablespoon soft butter or ghee
- About 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- About 1 tablespoon chopped green chili (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- For garnishing mix all the ingredients, butter, salt, cilantro, and green chili Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, add 1 tablespoon of oil and yogurt mix it well. Then add the water gradually to make very soft dough but not sticky.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough well. Apply light oil to the dough and cover. Let the dough sit for about 3 hours in warm place.
- Dough should be about 1-1/2 time, knead the dough again on floured surface.
- Divide the dough in four parts, lightly roll into the flour, cover the balls and let it sit for about five minutes before rolling.
- Roll the naan one at a time on a lightly floured surface little less than 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the water lightly on one side of the naan.
- Heat the tawa on medium heat, to check if tawa is ready sprinkle the few drops of water on tawa, water should sizzle.
- Put water side naan over tawa,
- once the naan start bubbling and dough start drying, turn the tawa over flames keeping about 2 inch away from the flames to cook the naan from top.
- Note: yes naan will stick to tawa and will not fall of, this the reason you cannot use the nonstick skillet.
- Once naan browned to your satisfaction, remove, and spread the butter mix over.
- Place in a on a plate and cover with a cloth to keep warm until serving. Naan is ready!
need tawa to make naan, nonstick skillet will not work for this recipe. Iron tawa or skiller works the best for making naan
Checkout this delicious butter chicken:-https://cookupastorm.info/2018/04/16/110/