Prep Time 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely minced or grated (or use paste)
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced or crushed
- 1 ½ pounds about 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste (or 8-10 oz can of tomato sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder , adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek I use powder, but seeds or mustard seeds can be used too, optional*
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream sub for half & half or yogurt for low fat
- Heat a large skillet or medium Sauce Pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and onions and cook onions down until lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- Then Add ginger and garlic and let cook for 30 seconds,
- stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- In the pan Add the chicken, tomato paste, and spices.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Then Add the heavy cream and simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve over Basmati rice or with naan.
Benifits of butter:-https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-reasons-why-butter-is-good-for-you
Checkout this delicious naan best with butter chicken:-https://cookupastorm.info/2018/04/17/tawa-naan-naan-without-tandoor/